Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Unstill Still Waters

"He leads me beside still waters" -Psalms 23:2


In this verse is God's promise for peace for my life. He promises to lead me beside still waters, yet I feel like my life is a raging river. Why? I think I've come up with the answer for that.

I'm the one turning my still waters into a raging river. God has done his part. He's led me to the still waters, but I am the one refusing to be still. In reality, I should have peace. Everything I need for peace is in Jesus Christ, but instead, I get beside my still waters and I jump in and start panicing and splashing around. I let simple worries of everyday life get me all excited and then I get my still waters moving so much that they turn into a raging river. I'm making peace difficult when in reality I just need to be still and know that He is God. The still waters are there, but I will never experience them unless I can learn to be still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should write a book lol

<3 chels