Wednesday, November 12, 2008

God's Love

That picture is of my little Noelle who is coming home on November 22. These past few days have given me some thoughts about God's love for me. I have been excited about her since I found out she was going to be mine. Not only that, but for 2 months before she was purchased, I have looked at her pictures online and fell in love with her and prayed that somehow a long list of things would work out so that I could take her home (which by the way were a series of miracles) I haven't even met her yet, but already I know she is mine. She belongs to me and I love her. This made me think. I have been counting down the days till Noelle comes home and she is just a puppy. If I already love this puppy so much, how much more does God love me, His child. I wonder if God counted down the days leading up to my salvation. I wonder if he waited patiently and eagerly saying, "In 10 more days Samantha is going to give her life to me. I'm so excited to be able to finally spend time with her and share my love with her." I mean the Bible does say there is great rejoicing in heaven when 1 sinner repents. Then I wonder if he eagerly awaits spending time with me each day. I think he does. I know God is way more excited about me that I am about a puppy. (And trust me I am excited) and I know that God loves me way more than I could ever love a puppy (or my husband or a child for that matter). As dumb as it might sound, getting a puppy is teaching me alot. I mean, God tends to use things we can relate to in order to speak to our hearts. This is definately something that has spoken to mine. As I talked with Isaac today about how I was so excited for next Saturday, it just hit me that the excitement I am feeling right now is just a grain of sand compared to the excitement and love God has for me. I think its really awesome that God can use every little thing that happens in our lives as a teachable moment.

No comments: