Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My new job


I spent 3 years of my life working for Christ for the Nations in the security department. When I started the job, I enjoyed it so much. It challenged me and caused me to grow and helped me realize that I had a gift of administration that I was never aware that I had. For the most part I enjoyed my job. However, the past 6 months to a year became a burden to me. I no longer felt challenged. I was bored with the same thing every day and I felt like I went to school to be in ministry and was wasting everything I learned. There was also a lot of division in the department. People started arguing about doctrine and overall my faith began to weaken. I was unhappy with where I was and to be quite honest, unhappy with the money I was making. I whined and complained about it for a while. My attitude was horrible at times and all the while my faith was slipped. I fell into confusion and doubt and I praise God that he held me tight in his hand because I wasn't holding on at all. Finally about 2 months ago, I began to feel content with where God had me. My attitude started changing and I realized that if this was the position God had me in, I needed to be content in that and know that God knows best. And so I was. I was content and I started to enjoy my job again. However I still struggled with my walk, but I praise God for my husband who was walking me through it. Then about a month ago I recieved a call from my pastor's wife and my friend. She informed me that an administrative position opened up at the church in the Day Care office. To make a long story short, I took the position and I praise God because it was exactly what I needed. I am excited about my job. I enjoy going to work each day. I absolutely love my church and if I have to be anywhere more than I am at home, I'm glad its at my church and I'm glad I'm with my church family. I feel like I am in an environment where I am being challenged again, where I can grow. I feel I am in a place where I can add value to the church and Day Care. I'm also in a place where I agree with doctrine of the church and therefore I'm not falling into confusion on a regular basis. I can listen to sermons throughout the day that edify me and lift me up and cause my to grow. I feel at peace with where I am. I praise God for the provision that he made in my life. This is evidence of His grace in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you got a position that you enjoy. That is always such a blessing in life.